Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pick Me Up!!!

I had a rough day at work today, so I swung by my local Ulta to "browse."

The problem with "browsing" is that eventually, I do end up buying something.  In the event of a particularly rough day, sometimes, a few somethings here and there.  Of course, I justify the purchase by the fact that I needed a pick-me-up.  Yes, some people drink coffee; I buy nail polish.  Shame, shame.

I bought several OPI polishes (among others).  The guilt of buying does not eclipse the joy of knowing that these polishes are now all mine, though. :p  I had a few OPI's, because they were a bit hard to find in my area.  Ulta is the only place I know that sells them, but I know there's a Trade Secret store at the mall that may sell them, too.  My goal this weekend is to check out the local Trade Secret to see what they have.  Yep, this time, it will be to really just see, since I've maxed out my limit for nail polish this month.

Anyway, on to the polishes.

(L to R) Uh-oh Roll Down the Window, Get in the Expresso Lane, A-taupe the Space Needle

These are from the Touring America collection.  These (and Roadhouse Blues, which I bought previously and did not take a photo of, sorry) were the only polishes in the collection that appealed to me.

(L to R) Opi Ink, Brisbane Bronze, Glitzerland, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous 

I picked these polishes because I love the shimmer of these metallics.  I was drawn to Glitzerland first, because I saw a shimmery gold polish on a lady I met yesterday, and it looked amazing on her.  I thought gold would look dated, but I guess I was wrong.  Of course, the glimmer of the other polishes drew me in, too.

(L to R) Gargantuan Green Grape, Do You Lilac It?, Hawaiian Orchid, Ski Teal We Drop

I fell in love with the light apple green cream of Gargantuan Green Grape.  In the store, it looked like it might be a great last few days of summer pedicure.  When I got home and wore it, it looked more light neon green to me, but maybe it's my skin tone and my lighting?  I will swatch this (and the others in this post) as soon as I get myself a light box.  The others were just because I love pinks, blues, and purples, and even if I do have several polishes of these colors, I just couldn't resist.


 (With flash)

(Without flash)
(L to R) Tickle My France-y, Barefoot in Barcelona, You Don't Know Jacques!

And last, but not the least, my neutrals.  I bought these because I heard about them so much from the nail polish community.  I think they will be excellent work-appropriate polishes to wear on my nails. :)

Thanks to an Ulta coupon, I got 20% off my total purchase.

Thanks for looking, have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment