Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 2011 Fall Colors

Here are a few of the colors from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear collection for fall 2011.
(L to R) Deep Blue Sea, Midnight Sky, Time to Shine, Very Cherry

(Without flash, hopefully the colors show better)

These shimmery polishes have little flecks of very fine glitter which blend smoothly with the metallic cobalt blue, dark gray-black, bronze, and bright pink-red polish base.  I love the fact that I could wear these and have the effect of glitters, without the pain of removing the them later on.  I think I will be wearing these plain (no layers), although I think they will look amazing with a dark base, too.  I'm not sure how opaque they are (as always, I haven't swatched these yet), but I can't wait to find out. :) 

(L to R) Set the Stage, Twinkle, Twinkle, Pumpkin Spice, Teal-y Cool

(Without flash, hopefully the colors show better)

I'm not sure if Set the Stage and Twinkle, Twinkle are really part of the Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear's fall release, but they were on display with the rest of the collection.  In any case, these two were beautiful glitters.  Set the Stage is a blend of fine gold and silver glitters and larger hexagonal gold glitters in a clear base.  I wore this as a manicure for work, and I got a lot of compliments on my nails.

Twinkle, Twinkle is a similar blend of fine silver and purple holographic glitter with larger flecks of hexagonal silver holographic glitter suspended in a clear purple base.  I wanted to wear this as a mani,but I'm not sure how work appropriate this is.  Otherwise, I would definitely wear this this weekend.  Can you imagine it by itself, or layered over a nice cream color?  Love, love, love.

Pumpkin Spice is fine orange glitter in a clear black base.  I picked it up and pretended it was China Glaze's Fortune Teller, which was released several years ago for Halloween and is one of the hard to find polishes (in my opinion).  If you own Fortune Teller, you can see that Pumpkin Spice is nowhere close to it (I can tell that much from the beautiful swatches of Fortune Teller online), but until China Glaze brings it back (please, please, please), I will have to content myself with this.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with Pumpkin Spice and I will be wearing this in the weekends close to Halloween, but unfortunately, it does not stop me from drooling over Fortune Teller.

Last is the teal-aqua glitter polish, Teal-y Cool.  It consists of fine gold and aqua glitter and larger blue and green glitter in an aqua base.  At first glance, it looks more like a summer color, but I can see layering this over a black polish and wearing it over the holidays. 

 P. S.  I did not haul all of these in one go, they were purchased a few at a time over several weeks. :p

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment